Automower 430x, 450x Battery Replacement Guide
Here we have another guide showing you how to change the battery on a 430x 450x Automower.
1. Like all other repairs that involve splitting the main body you will need an area with good lighting and some type of workbench to work on. Prepare your automower for work by brushing off all loose debris.
2. You will need a Torx T20 screwdriver or T20 bit for a drill. If you do use a drill to screw/unscrew you need to make sure you only use a very slow speed otherwise you can strip the threads in the chassis. You will need your new 430x Automower battery.
Important to note there is two battery options as Husqvarna updated this model in 2020. If your 430x or 450x has a Serial number from 191304274 then you need this replacement battery. If your serial number is Up to Serial number 1913XXXXX then you will need a battery kit-this kit has a new style holder for the battery. Also remember a 450x need two batteries.
3. Make sure you have switched off the automower with the switch on the underbody and towards the back of the main body.
4.You need to dismantle the body. underneath the machine and towards the front on you will see rubber grommets. You need to pull these out.
Be careful when doing this as each rubber grommet is attached to a cable that you need to unclip. The cables should come out around 5cm.
5. Next step is to remove the automowers top chassis from the main body. To do this we suggest pressing your hand onto the centre of the automower where the keypad is located. With your other hand you pull up on the corners of chassis, this should pop off. You will find a lot of dirt and debris underneath and this will need to be cleaned off before you can split the body. Its very important not to let any dirt inside the main body of the automower.
6. Your automower will look like the picture above, unscrew all of the torx T20 screws shown by each arrow. Once completed you also need to remove the warranty seal located on the side of the body.
7. The body can split now and you need to lift slowly from the front and you will see that there is a HMI cable attaching the sections together. unclip this and you can remove the top half of the body and place it out of the way.
8. You will need to unclip the cable from the main circuit board and unscrew the torx screws holding the battery or batteries in place. You can swap in your new battery or batteries and then re assemble your automower.